How to open PKS file?
After double-clicking on the unknown file icon, the system should open it in the default software that supports it. If this does not happen, download and install the PL/SQL software software and then manually associate the file with it.
Step 1. Download and install PL/SQL software
If there is no PL/SQL software or similar software in the system that supports files with the PKS extension, you must first download and install it. Below you will find a list of the most-used applications that work with PKS. After going to the subpage of the program you will find a link to the developer's website, where you can safely download the software installer.
Step 2. Associate PL/SQL software with the PKS file extension
If the user already has one of the applications installed, the next step will be to associate it with the file extension PKS. This can be done in two ways - one is to manually edit the Windows Registry and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys. The second way is simpler and definitely recommended for less advanced users.
- Right click on the unknown PKS file you want to open
- Select "Open with" from the menu
- Click "Choose another application"
- Click "More applications"
- Click "Find more applications on this PC" and indicate the installation location of the appropriate program
- Finally, select the "Always use the selected program to open PKS files" option and confirm the whole operation.
Remember! Manually editing the system registry is only recommended for advanced users, and changes made to it without proper knowledge may result in damage to the system.
Step 3. Check out other possible problems related to PKS files.
Sometimes it happens that despite having the right application and the correct configuration, there are still problems with opening the PKS files. You should then find out what is the reason of the problem.
- Check if the PKS file is not infected - When the file PKS is infected with a virus or malware, it probably will not be able to be opened correctly. In this case, scan the PKS file and take the actions recommended by the antivirus program installed on the system. Most often it is disinfection or deletion of an infected file.
- Check if you, as the operating system user, have appropriate permissions to work with the file PKS
- Check if the icon is an element of the correct file but not only a shortcut to the location where the PKS file no longer exists.
- Check that the system has the necessary resources to run the PL/SQL software application and open the PKS file.
- Check if the file is complete - Sometimes it happens that the PKS file was not copied completely from the external Flash memory, or downloaded from the Internet. When the file is incomplete, it is not possible to open it correctly. In this case, please download or copy the file PKS again.
Step 4. Contact an IT expert
When all of the above methods have failed, it remains to contact an IT specialist or developers of the PL/SQL SOFTWARE program.