How to open RRC file?
After double-clicking on the unknown file icon, the system should open it in the default software that supports it. If this does not happen, download and install the Eclipse software and then manually associate the file with it.
Step 1. Download and install Eclipse
If there is no Eclipse or similar software in the system that supports files with the RRC extension, you must first download and install it. Below you will find a list of the most-used applications that work with RRC. After going to the subpage of the program you will find a link to the developer's website, where you can safely download the software installer.
Step 2. Associate Eclipse with the RRC file extension
If the user already has one of the applications installed, the next step will be to associate it with the file extension RRC. This can be done in two ways - one is to manually edit the Windows Registry and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys. The second way is simpler and definitely recommended for less advanced users.
- Right click on the unknown RRC file you want to open
- Select "Open with" from the menu
- Click "Choose another application"
- Click "More applications"
- Click "Find more applications on this PC" and indicate the installation location of the appropriate program
- Finally, select the "Always use the selected program to open RRC files" option and confirm the whole operation.
Remember! Manually editing the system registry is only recommended for advanced users, and changes made to it without proper knowledge may result in damage to the system.
Step 3. Check out other possible problems related to RRC files.
Sometimes it happens that despite having the right application and the correct configuration, there are still problems with opening the RRC files. You should then find out what is the reason of the problem.
- Check if the RRC file is not infected - When the file RRC is infected with a virus or malware, it probably will not be able to be opened correctly. In this case, scan the RRC file and take the actions recommended by the antivirus program installed on the system. Most often it is disinfection or deletion of an infected file.
- Check if you, as the operating system user, have appropriate permissions to work with the file RRC
- Check if the icon is an element of the correct file but not only a shortcut to the location where the RRC file no longer exists.
- Check that the system has the necessary resources to run the Eclipse application and open the RRC file.
- Check if the file is complete - Sometimes it happens that the RRC file was not copied completely from the external Flash memory, or downloaded from the Internet. When the file is incomplete, it is not possible to open it correctly. In this case, please download or copy the file RRC again.
Step 4. Contact an IT expert
When all of the above methods have failed, it remains to contact an IT specialist or developers of the ECLIPSE program.